Sunday, July 28, 2013

WWE MONEY IN THE BANK

Sunday, July 14th, 2013, from Philly

Kind of sad. I know. My favorite WWE show just so happened to be in my town tonight and not only did I not go, I didn't even watch it live on TV. I caught a replay, which was good, since I could fast forward through the matches nobody cared about like The Miz vs. Mr. Perfect's kid and the women's title match. I'll admit as well: when the crowd started chanting, "Boring!" during the Jericho/Ryback match I also skipped until the end of it to see the finish. So it wasn't, obviously, the best card. When tickets first went on sale I did look at them and did think about buying them. Lower level were $125 at the cheapest. Ridiculous. But someone paid for them as the building was filled. Tickets never got cheaper on stubhub and craigslist and the card wasn't that great so I missed it. I haven't seen a WWE show since the infamous Royal Rumble that Benoit won. That was a decent show highlighted by a "Last Man Standing" match between HHH and Shawn Michaels (there was a pedigree through the announce table). Think it was in '05. Eight years since I've been to a WWE show. The last wrestling show I went to was an ROH show two years ago. That was good, not great. I guess I'm due. Wrestlemania in N'Awlins trip next year?


DAMIEN SANDOW vs. CODY RHODES vs. WADE BARRETT vs. DEAN AMBROSE vs. FANDANGO vs. JACK SWAGGER vs. ANTONIO CESARO "LADDER MATCH": A match with all heels. Well they won't do it again. Good match, though. Ambrose did some neat stuff; head in a ladder, swinging it around. He also skinned the cat, pulled himself up on top of a ladder carried by Cesaro and Rhodes who tossed him over the ropes from the top of the ladder (yeah, guess you had to see it). Sandow turned on Rhodes and won it. Sandow as champ? Eh, why not? He's amusing. ***

CURTIS AXEL vs. THE MIZ: Fast-forwarded this.

AJ vs. KAITLYN: Fast-forwarded this.

RYBACK vs. CHRIS JERICHO: Caught the end. Ryback won his first ppv match since last year. Not particularly good, but definitely pointless. 1/2*

ALBERTO DEL RIO vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER: Great match. Yes, a great Del Rio match. Until the end. AJ caused a DQ. Ziggler is fast and furious, all over the map and falling around like a marionette. Del Rio sucks...but the back and forth flury of near-falls was epic. ***

MARK HENRY vs. JOHN CENA: Well Cena won. There were near falls again, good, but Henry is a bore, and Cena is too plain. **

C.M. PUNK vs. DANIEL BRYAN vs. CHRISTIAN vs. SHEAMUS vs. RANDY ORTON vs. ROB VAN DAM "LADDER MATCH": Jeez. RVD and Sheamus got fucking destroyed. Sheamus fell off the top rope in the corner and through a ladder bridge. RVD did a frog splash from the top of a big dog ladder. Orton won. Paul Heyman turned on Punk. Good match. Wild crowd during this. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment